mountune Forged 2.3L EcoBoost Engine Component Kit
Application: Ford EcoBoost 2.3L
mountune’s extensive knowledge of the Ford EcoBoost engine coupled with broad motorsport experience provides the foundation for our Premium Forged 2.3L EcoBoost Engine Component Kit. Each kit includes only the best professional grade components: mountune / Mahle Forged Pistons, Mountune Forged Connecting Rod, Light Weight Forged Crankshaft and high performance rod bearings . These components are the perfect foundation for your Focus RS or Mustang EcoBoost high power build. We take the guess work out of critical parts selection and provide only the best.
- Lightweight Forged 94mm Crankshaft
- mountune Forged I-beam Connecting Rods
- mountune / Mahle Forged Pistons and rings
- mountune, Tri-metal bearings w locating tang
Engineered in house by our motorsport division and manufactured exclusively by our partner Mahle Motorsports, the mountune Mahle forged piston set for the 2.3L Ford EcoBoost is a fully featured piston with many of the same upgrades we use in our professional motorsport engines. Produced from modern 2618 lightweight alloy forgings for extreme duty, each piston features supported pin bosses to withstand the extreme conditions found in engines operating with high cylinder pressures. The layout of the piston has also been optimized with weight reduction in mind and reduced skirt profiles to minimize friction. The design also includes gas accumulator grooves developed during extensive testing and tailored for the EcoBoost engine. Careful consideration has been used in the “bowl” area of the piston to maintain Ford’s original profile to ensure proper and efficient combustion.
Extreme duty 22.5mm internally tapered, short wrist pins are used to reduce pin flex and weight. Mountune connecting rods are recommended to ensure a matched set of components. As an added feature, Mahle's phosphate dry lubricant coating is used on the entire piston to reduce micro-welding and pin galling. Additionally, Mahle's Grafal skirt coating is used on the piston skirt to reduce cylinder wall friction reduction.
Hard anodized top ring grooves have been incorporated for increased durability and strength to withstand the high cylinder pressures of high boost engines.
Connecting Rod Features
- Gas nitrided top ring: Superior combustion sealing, strength and wear.
- Gas nitrided second ring: Superior strength and wear.
- Motorsport grade piston pin locks ensure reliable operation
- Made in the USA
The connecting rod is one of the most highly stressed components within the engine and improved connecting rods are an essential upgrade for high power EcoBoost engines. The mountune connecting rod was developed using extensive FEA analysis resulting in the optimum connecting rod for applications up to 200 bhp per cylinder. Made in the USA by Carrillo to our specifications, each connecting rod incorporates our motorsport DNA to provide you with the ultimate component for your engine. Exclusive features include a robust, I – Beam configuration with extensive machining to optimize weight without reducing strength. All edges and corners are radiused to improve durability.
As an added upgrade, mountune connecting rods feature machined tangs to securely locate the rod bearings. Compared to the factory press fit tangless bearings, this feature ensures improved bearing retention in high cylinder pressure and high RPM engines. Tool steel connecting rod bolts are also standard and are superior to most bolts found in other rods on the market. Silicone/bronze pin bushings provide a durable and low friction surface that remains dimensionally stable in high pressure and high RPM applications.
Light Weight and Optimized EcoBoost 2.3L Crankshaft Features
- Pin Bore 22.5mm
- 3/8" WMC Tool steel rod bolt
- Nominal weight : 550g
- Made in USA
The standard Ford EcoBoost 2.3L Forged Crankshaft is optimized for maximum performance and excellent engine response. The standard crankshaft is carefully processed and machined by Callies Performance Products including the removal of the balance shaft drive gear and associated hub. Comprehensive machining of journal arms and other strategic areas of the crankshaft provide additional lightness. Once all machining is completed, the component is processed with various surface treatments to reduce stress producing a part with a refined and superior surface. Optional keyed snout for ease of assembly. This crank is perfect for high power builds in both the Focus RS, Mustang EcoBoost.
- Overall weight reduction of 9 lbs (4 kg) from stock
- Cryogenic thermal stress relieving
- Careful removal of the balance shaft ring gear and balancer gear hub diameter
- Comprehensive machining of all rod journal arms and critical surfaces
- All highly refined finished surfaces - rods, mains, post, and flange are maintained to OEM spec
- Callies Impervious Masking guarantees part to ship with Ford correct dimensions
- Shot peening of entire gray area crankshaft for the development of beneficial compressive stress
- Aeroshed finishing for the complete removal of all stress risers
- Crankshaft timing pad on #1 counterweight is untouched for accurate assembly
- Dynamically balanced to within .5 gram inch
- Carefully inspected for straightness
- Optional keyed snout
- Packaged in corrosion resistant packing material for extended shelf life
- Made in USA
This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. Click Here for Emissions compliance information.