The Focus RS with the 2.3L EcoBoost engine is an incredible platform and that lends itself well to power upgrades. However, the potential to achieve in excess of 500hp has been limited by the capability and capacity of the original fuel system. Up until now, the only way to reach higher levels was to use an auxiliary fuel system that can be cumbersome and unreliable.
The first step in maximizing the fuel system is to install an upgraded High-Pressure Fuel Pump. Our technical partner, Xtreme-DI has designed and engineered the best upgraded DI pump available. While the upgraded pump by itself will allow for an increase in performance, the stock original injectors will soon run out of capacity.
After 2 years in testing and development, we are now pleased to announce the availability of upgraded high flow fuel injectors for the 2.3L EcoBoost. Xtreme-DI along with the Mountune Engineering team have logged hundreds of hours of testing on engine and chassis dynos and thousands of miles of test cycles to ensure durability resulting in a reliable injector upgrade for the 2.3L EcoBoost with a 50% increase in flow rate. These components power the fastest and most powerful Focus RS’s in the world. Components are available separately for those that already have the HPFP-35 pump upgrade.
This upgrade does not include tuning / ECU calibration. You will need a Cobb Accessport or Syvecs ECU and access to a competent tuner/ engine calibration specialist for this hardware to function correctly.
• Xtreme-DI HPFP-35 High Pressure Fuel Pump
• Xtreme-DI XDI-i010-50 +50% DI Fuel Injector set
Performance Targets: Supports 525+ hp on E85, 650+ hp on gasoline* (*assuming sufficient octane)
• OEM-like idle and drivability
• Supported by all popular tuning platforms (COBB, Syvecs, SCT, etc.)
• Compatible with gasoline and ethanol-based fuels
• Direct fit installation: no messy hoses or wires under the hood
• No external controller or splicing into wiring: full OEM control, diagnostics, an reliability
Fuel Injector Technical Data:
• 50% more flow than OEM
• OEM 122lb/hr @ 100bar
• 23g/sec at 100bar, 32.4g/sec at 200bar
• 2000cc/min at 100bar, 2880cc/min at 200bar
• 179lb/hr at 100bar, 253lb/hr at 200bar
Stable at 200bar even with OEM driver settings, completely linear flowQuality Control:
• Every injector flow tested on XDI proprietary DI test bench at
• 0.8msec/20bar for idle stability
• 10msec/100bar for static flow reference
• 6msec/200bar for WOT performance
• Every set high pressure matched within 1%
Every injector type validated for identical SOI and EOI via XDI proprietary injection rate measurementNote: If you already own an Xtreme-DI HPFP-35 High Pressure Fuel Pump and would like to order the Xtreme-DI Fuel Injector set alone, feel free to email us at Info@mountuneusa.com to place an order.