All Radium catch cans provide the following benefits
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake and intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces each
2014+ Ford Fiesta ST Catch Can Kit Details
The Radium Engineering catch can kits are the most functional and integrated kits on the market. The catch cans mount using factory holes and integrate perfectly with the surrounding components. These two oil catch cans (PCV side and Crankcase side) function completely independent of each other and are sold individually or together. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems remove the oil and sludge from the PCV gasses before it is routed to the engine to be burned. A closed loop system also promotes negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from entering the cabin. The dipsticks built into the catch cans allow easy inspection of accumulated fluid. No cutting, drilling or permanent modification to the vehicle is required.
The 20-0378 Crankcase Catch Can Kit, Fiesta ST secures to the 2 ECU mounting studs in the back LH side of the engine bay and the entire kit fits under the OEM engine cover with no modifications required..
This catch can runs inline with the crankcase vent port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience high flow out of the crankcase. This would normally lead to oil and sludge accumulation in the air filter intake pipe. Oil accumulation will occur in the intercooler which lowers the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchanger and leads to decreased performance.
Each kit features the following
- Anodized oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Anodized aluminum Fiesta specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum -AN adapter fittings and hose ends
- Enough PCV hose for custom applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware