All Radium catch cans provide the following benefits
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake and intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces each
2014+ Ford Fiesta ST Catch Can Kit Details
The Radium Engineering catch can kits are the most functional and integrated kits on the market. The catch cans mount using factory holes and integrate perfectly with the surrounding components. These two oil catch cans (PCV side and Crankcase side) function completely independent of each other and are sold individually or together. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems remove the oil and sludge from the PCV gasses before it is routed to the engine to be burned. A closed loop system also promotes negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from entering the cabin. The dipsticks built into the catch cans allow easy inspection of accumulated fluid. No cutting, drilling or permanent modification to the vehicle is required.
The 20-0377 PCV Catch Can Kit, Fiesta ST secures to the front RH motor mount and the entire kit fits under the OEM engine cover with no modifications required.
This catch can runs inline with the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve and retains it's factory function. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valve closes and, thus, this hose experiences no flow. Conversely, the PCV hose will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: Because the Radium catch cans are pressure sealed, they are great for this boosted application so intake manifold connection is permitted.
Each kit features the following
- Anodized oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Anodized aluminum Fiesta specific mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum -AN adapter fittings and hose ends
- Enough PCV hose for custom applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware