mountune Focus ST MRX Turbocharger Upgrade
The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade for the 2013-17 Focus ST offers greater power output with minimal increase in turbocharger lag, which greatly enhances the driving experience.
Tested and validated over thousands of miles for durability and performance, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade includes all required hardware, fittings and hoses along with engine calibration for a range of power levels and fuel types. This upgrade does not require any fuel system upgrades and is compatible with both 91, 93, and 94 octane fuel. The mountune MRX Focus Turbocharger Upgrade has been developed for those that desire a fully engineered upgrade that provides an optimized power band. Unlike other upgrades that deliver just peak or high RPM power, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade offers performance throughout the entire power band ensuring a very responsive and drivable car. The MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is designed for those that are looking for well balanced yet extremely powerful performance derived from years of developing race winning Ford 4 cylinder turbocharged engines.
The standard BorgWarner K03 based turbocharger, as found on the Ford EcoBoost engine in the Focus ST, is a capable turbocharger with excellent response and power potential up to the low 300bhp range. For power outputs above that level, a larger turbocharger is required.
The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is engineered around the BorgWarner EFR turbocharger platform for seamless integration and excellent response and performance. Developed as a complete system with everything available from one source ensures the performance and quality you’ve come to expect from mountune. Because of the unique Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel, power comes on strong with amazing response and virtually no turbo lag. Integrated recirculation valve ensures smooth drivability and throttle transition. We rely on the BorgWarner EFR 6258A for the foundation of the MRX kit. The EFR 6258A lends itself well to incredible response with virtually no lag while producing incredible power and a very drivable car. For those that wish to go one step further with slightly higher power levels, the MRX kit is available with the BorgWarner EFR 6758 Turbocharger.
Power Graph with 6258A Turbocharger
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings - lowest friction and fastest spool/response
- Water Cooled Center Section
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Low Inertia Gamma- Ti Turbine Wheel
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- mountune Ni Resist turbocharger adapter
- Preformed coolant hard lines ensure trouble free installation and performance
- Includes ECU base calibration (Cobb Accessport required), Custom tuning is available is available for an additional cost
- Mounting brackets to retain original heat shield
- 6-ply reinforced silicone primary compressor intake hose assembly - Allows for maximum flow while minimizing false knock caused by metal to metal contact
- BorgWarner Integrated recirculation valve ensures smooth OE operation and perfect drivability. Optional mountune recirculation valve can be installed
- Turn Key solution. No need to source additional parts or go for expensive dyno testing. This is a complete upgrade including tuning for the USA and Canada.
1x mountune Ni-resist Cast Turbo Adapter Assembly
1 x Turbo Down Pipe- Select Version when ordering
1x mountune Ultra Duty T25 Turbine Inlet Gasket
1x BorgWarner EFR-6258A Turbocharger Assembly (BorgWarner EFR-6758 optional)
1x mountune Downpipe (Choose catted or catless when ordering)
1x mountune 6-Ply Compressor Inlet Hose Assembly
1x Stainless Steel Hose Clamp – SAE #52
1x Stainless Steel Hose Clamp – SAE #44
1x Turbocharger Oil Inlet Hose Assembly
1x Adapter Fitting, M12x1.5 to -4
1x Crush Washer, M12
1x Adapter Fitting, M14x1.5 to -6
1x Crush Washer, M14
1x Water Pipe #1, Block to Turbo
1x Water Pipe #2, Water Neck to Turbo
1x Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain
1x Gasket, Oil Return Tube
1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Outlet Silicone Elbow Hose
1x V-Band Clamp, EFR Exhaust Outlet
1.65’ Vacuum Hose, Silicone 4mm
2x Screw, M8 x 1.25 x 16 Socket Head
2x Nut, M6 x 1.0 Flanged Nylon Locknut
1x Stainless Steel Hose Clamp – SAE #32
1x Stainless Steel Hose Clamp – SAE #36
2x Nut, M6 x 1.0 Flanged, Serrated
2x Screw, M6 x 1.0 x 25 Socket Head
What you need:
- Upgraded intercooler such as mountune PN 2363-IC-MR1
- Cobb Accessport
- mountune Intake or suitable option PN 2363-CAIS-BA
As with any upgrade of this type, additional strain is placed upon your engine and drive train. While we have thoroughly tested and validated the 6258A upgrade without issues, additional power, cylinder pressure and temperatures may cause engine damage and/or complete failure. It is advised that you upgrade your internal engine components and drive train to support the additional power and performance. For motorsport and track use, it is strongly recommended to upgrade your engine internal components to avoid catastrophic engine failure. Please note the use of the BorgWarner EFR 6758 turbocharger has not been validated by Mountune. This product is for race and track use only.
This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. Click Here for Emissions compliance information.