Ford EcoBoost 2.0L
Focus ST 2013-2018
MRX - Our Premium version with all of the best components engineered to deliver maximum reliable performance. This engine is the perfect foundation for turbo upgrades and high power.
mountune’s extensive knowledge of the Ford EcoBoost engine coupled with broad motorsport experience provides the foundation for our Premium High Performance 2.0L Ford EcoBoost Long block assembly. Each engine is skillfully assembled using a brand new Ford engine block coupled with Supertech Forged Pistons, Forged Connecting Rods, Ford RS 94mm Crankshaft and high performance bearings. This engine is the perfect foundation for your Focus ST for high boost applications including track day use or as a direct replacement for your tired original engine. We take the guess work out of critical engine assembly allowing and minimize downtime.
The new genuine Ford engine block is first inspected, de-burred, and the bores are honed to perfection to receive mountune Forged Pistons. The rotating assembly that includes a new Ford crankshaft and mountune Forged Connecting Rods is balanced to within .5 gram. The select parts are professionally assembled by one of mountune's skilled engine builders using tri-metal race spec bearings.
Each assembly includes a detailed data sheet showing all critical engine dimensions.
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
MRX Cylinder Head Features
The mountune MRX Cylinder head upgrade for the 2.0L EcoBoost (Focus ST) features dyno and flow bench tested improvements that produce maximum reliable power across a wide RPM range. Each cylinder head is based on a new genuine Ford casting that is inspected before receiving a precision NEWEN valve seat profile. The throat of each port is opened up to remove obstructions and then blended into the valve seat to improve flow. The exhaust port is blended to match the factory turbo port size to enhance flow.
Each head is then ultrasonically cleaned before assembly by one of our motorsport professionals using Supertech High Performance Valves including +1mm larger Inconel Sodium filled exhaust valves, along with dual valves springs matched to our V2 camshafts. This head is ideal for those running a larger than stock turbocharger or desire fast boost response.
The head ships completely assembled with valve lash set using all new cam followers and ready to install on you engine.
Intake airflow is improved by 44% and exhaust air flow is improved by 19% compared to an otherwise stock 2.0L Cylinder head. Intake valve seats feature multi angle profile, Exhaust valve seats feature radiused profile. Increased power and torqueAssembled from all new parts, no core is required
Long Block Includes
- Dyno and flow bench proven
- +1mm Inconel Sodium Filled Exhaust Valves
- Camshaft specification:
- Intake Duration 256° (OE Duration 234°)
- Exhaust Duration 244° (OE Duration 224°)
- Intake Valve Lift 9.60mm (OE 8.00mm)
- Exhaust Valve Lift 8.53mm (OE 6.99mm)
- New Ford EcoBoost ST Engine Block
- New Ford RS 94mm Forged Crankshaft
- Supertech Forged Connecting Rods
- Supertech Forged Pistons and rings
- mountune, Tri-metal bearings w locating tang
- Assembly balanced to within .5 gram
- ARP Head Studs
- ARP Main Studs
- Complete blue-print assembly
- Ring gap set
- Bearing clearance set
- Deck height checked
- Connecting Rod side clearance set
- Crankshaft end float set
- New genuine Ford ST Cylinder Head Upgraded to MRX Specification
- mountune Baffled Oil Control Sump
- mountune balance shaft delete modification
- New Genuine Ford Rear Main Seal
- New genuine Ford Oil Pump and Drive Chain
- New genuine Ford complete Camshaft Drive Assembly
- Includes professional assembly including Camshaft Timing Set
- Cam cover
This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. Click Here for Emissions compliance information.